Friday, April 22, 2011

more than a month later

Guatemala was amazing. I can't really describe it. I saw miracles and people having their lives changed. It was incredible.

Okay..where am I now...
I'm one month from graduation (exactly). I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life. Not that I'm at a total loss for ideas. Especially because no matter who I talk to, or close (or not) we may be, everyone seems to have a suggestion. I know what I want to do but my parents would rather I didn't.

I have always loved music. I can't imagine my life without it. I was denied the opportunity to pursue my passion so many times. I went to the high school my parents wanted instead of LaGuardia or PPA, I went to college to study pre-med instead of music ("You can't make any money being a musician"), and now, I am weeks away from a BA in History and Minor in Biology. I've finished all my pre-reqs for med school. I could study up, take the MCATS, and go from there. In all honesty though, I really don't want to.

All I've ever wanted was to play. I'm done with college. They can't force me to go to grad, even though they're trying. I know my purpose in life. I can't waste it at the feet of giants I may never conquer, while leaning on an economy that is crumbling. I want to use my talents for God's glory, I know that's why I was made. I know where I belong. The hardest part of all of this is explaining that to them. How can I possibly explain this to them?

Somehow, I thought it would be easier having parents who are Christians. Not that I've experienced the other side, but this seems to be equally as difficult.

I need a miracle.